Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Flipbook Animation Inspiration*

My Flipbook Animation:


 

Inspirations




These are three videos that i believe have inspired me to create my own flipbook that consists of mainly plants and nature and transitions throughout the day capturing the essence of the night as well. I decided to stick to something simple and not so complicated since Im not really the best artist and can barely draw a stick figure. My flipbook first starts with a seed growing into a beautiful flower that has more flowers attached to the same stem. you can realize how the petals start to grow in each page and how the sun moves and basically how nature works. Then I transformed the plant from the ground into a pot where it was now taken care of indoors. Slowly the pot transitions into another object which evolves into a palm tree slowly growing as you flip the book. In each page i concentrated on the details so that you could tell the simple differences. The focus later is of the birds flying leaving the palm tree to an island and you begin to see an island emerging with a palm tree and other species as well that live by the water. Then it transitions into night, and the island starts going back into the water showing how islands go above or beneath sea levels depending on the strength of the tide. Its no longer a fun sunny day once the moon has come out and then the focus is on the night time and what appears to be in the sky. The last thing i focused on was an emerging sun from the bottom welcoming another day. When i first started it i felt like i wasnt so sure what i had to do but once i started drawing ideas kept on running through my mind and i started connecting them and adding a few things. I had a great time working on this project, although what i despised was repeating the same drawing over and over again!

8 comments:

  1. I liked the use of different writing utensils in your artwork, great idea and great art

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how in your animation everything was growing, the flower grew from a seed and continued to extend larger and larger. I also liked how you used most of the page in your artwork allowing for the smaller details to be seen.

    Emily De Lorme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the drawing style you used for the flipbook. Both the growing palm tree and sun was amazing. Also, I liked how you made the water, it seemed like it was changing tides because of the pictures being different every time.

    - Hannah Nye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really really loved the growing of the palm tree. It is a very creative and interesting look at palm trees. There was one part that threw me off though: near the beginning where the purple line changes quickly to pencil. This part took me out of the story. Other than that, very cute and creative look on nature and growth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great animation. creativity was amazing. all the different scenes gives this book a unique look. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved the palm tree and the morphing of the objects in your animation! I know you were freaking out about the lack of color but I think it gave it an abstractness due to the lack of color.
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.


    Picture Flipbook

    ReplyDelete